The pond lining arrived today – rather surprisingly, it was left at the end of the drive. Luckily, I checked Amazon messages and found a note that it was behind the brick pillar, otherwise I wouldn’t have realised. I won’t make a complaint, though deliveries are usually made to the house. It was delivered to the right address, that’ll do. Today, I’ve moved the feeder and filled it up, moved the feed bin, with Wince’s help. washed out and moved the small feed bin, put out grit and oyster shell, spread out the pond liner and covered it with chunks of newspaper in the corner, with wood shavings overall, lined the nest boxes with newspapers and shavings and sprinkled diatomaceous dust liberally. I left the small feeder and some water in the greenhouse, but put the bag of mealworms and another dish of water in the new home.
At dusk, Wink and I went out with a cardboard box. I picked up each chicken and Wink was in charge of the box. Every three birds, we moved the boxful. A number of them roost on top of their shed and I only managed to catch one of those, so 17 got moved altogether. Most of them were settled on the perches by the time we finished, though Jabber the Cluck and Jenga Junior Rooster were in nestboxes. One, I’m not sure which, was exploring outside and one more was wandering over the floor. But it went better than I could have hoped.
Tomorrow, I’ll put stepladders on two sides of their shed, and hope to catch some of the lingerers. I have Plan C and D to come, so I’m reasonably confident that I’ll have caught them all soon. Plan E is there too, in fact. Belt and braces, that’s Z. And bailer twine.