We’ve had a succession of callers today, which has meant that I haven’t got anything done and I’m feeling quite overburdened at the moment. I meant to take last evening off (I know darlings, a Sunday evening spent not working, outrageous) but work came in that needed a prompt reply so I spent a couple of hours at the computer after all. This evening, I’m going to throw caution to the winds and print off the papers I usually read online, so that I can do my work sitting in a comfortable armchair rather than here on the backless stool that is so marvellously good for my posture. Slump, darlings? Never.
I might have cracked the problem. I’ve been through all the settings of any apps which use push notifications and found that the BBC website was set to update every five minutes. I certainly never set that, it must have been the default. I might go days without looking at the BBC website and wouldn’t need to have it update automatically. That I didn’t have the problem between December and March is slightly more of a puzzle, possibly I didn’t have on push or else there was an update to the app and it changed or reset the control. I have now changed it to update only when I open the app, but I’ve switched push off in any case. I shall turn it back on a few days before my month is up on the 10th of next month and see if automatic email and other updates make much difference. I’ve used just over 2 MBs a day for the last three days since I turned off push.