The draw was held this morning for the 25 visitors to H1ghgr0ve (yes, Dave, 24 as my place is assured). There were 40 applicants in all.
After it was done, it occurred to me that I needed to write two letters – to tell people yes or no – and print address labels to the people concerned. I was too busy at the time, so I’ve been doing it this evening.
Finally, the letters were composed, so I set the printer to do 24 copies of the first and 15 copies of the second. I sat back and waited. Except for the first two copies, the printing is faint and patchy, but I didn’t find that out until all the printing was done. I am rather put out. I have cleaned the printing head, with no effect except that I’m now out of blue ink.
I have the feeling that I’m going to end up replacing all the ink cartridges before it works again properly. And yes, they are branded cartridges, not own-brand ones.
Rain forecast for tomorrow. We’ve cleared another section by the lawn, which was a tough job as we discovered some large hawthorn stumps 5 foot high, dead, covered with ivy, that had to be dug out. Most of the undergrowth has been removed now, and there are just some roots to go, the fence to be pulled down and that socking great pine to be felled. It will take some time yet – and we’re busy for the next few days, so Friday will be the next session, weather permitting.
I’m going to bed, where a cuddlish husband awaits.